An ELSA needs to:
- Have a warm personality and be able to stay calm under pressure
- Be able to gain the confidence of children who are behaviourally challenging or socially withdrawn
- Be happy to work independently and show initiative
- Be creative in planning interventions and efficient in recording ELSA work
- Be eager to learn and develop new skills
Here is a sample person specification and job description.
This resource is available as a free PDF. Click the button below to view it. If you want to save it, open the link and use 'File/Save' in the menu of your browser.View PDF